Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Love Through Serving and Serving out of Love

September 23, 2009

Hey Dad!


Another week gone, I can't believe it. The past seven days were really good. We were able to get in with Chase and James and teach the word of wisdom as well as about the Atonement. I gave James some slacks cause he said he didn't have any and to eliminate that excuse I just gave him some of mine so they came to church this past Sunday looking pretty sharp. It was good to see them there. The tri mission conference was incredible, I got to see Elder Brown again from the Houston mission- he's only got 4 months left! Elder Costa spoke about the 70, mission presidents, and missionaries. Also Elder Richardson of the 70 spoke. The missionary fireside too went well but attendance was an issue.

Brennen is home, crazy. He seems like he would be a great missionary. I can echo his loving the people he served. It's what God wants us to do, love through serving and serving out of love.

Grandma sounds like shes in the same boat as Sister Berry here. Sis. Berry is 84 and we visit her quite often. She has been in the hospital the past few days. In fact just two days ago Elder Clove and I spent 2 hours with her just talking and listening to her. She's a hoot! We also got to give her a blessing. She was born and raised in Arkansas and told us she use to love scaring people in her youth, I love hearing her stories. She told us all God wants is for us to trust Him. She's a great example of charity and humility to me. While laying in her bed she talked about how Christ and Joseph Smith died lonely deaths and recognized what a blessing it is to be tended to by doctors and nurses and have visits from us. Everyone that came in to the room she introduced us to as her friends. I love that woman. I hope grandma is feeling better soon, I love her too!

I love you Dad! This is a very tough work but it's so worth it.

Elder Jarman

No comments: