Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Solid Week

Dear Dad,

I wish I were able to see mountains go through the color change. I do miss mountains, it'll be so weird to have them again. The weather here lately has been really good, 80's to 70's all the time and clear skies with occasional Texas downpours out of nowhere. The rain really just makes it more muggy. I think we're going to go this hurricane season without a one.

My week was really quite good. The zone meeting was amazing. I talked about obedience and hard work and growing up, while Elder Clove talked about being steadfast and immovable. This zone has seen a lot of trials lately and it feels and looks like we are all back on track and working hard.

Chase and James are so frustrating. Chase actually popped up at church with his less active girlfriend so that's good. I so badly want to kick their butts haha. We are keeping very busy though. We've been having study sessions with a member who is struggling with the word of wisdom and wants to go to the temple which has been really good. The weekly visits to Bro. Hawkins are going so good ha, that guy is a trooper. When he walks it's like a Chameleon he kind of goes forward then back then forward. He is always telling us great stories about when he was young and going through the depression or the war. I will be sure to tell him hi for y'all. We have a big missionary fireside coming up on Sunday that I am looking forward to attending, also this saturday we have a tri mission conference with Elder Costa of the Seventy that should be amazing. So a big weekend ahead. Also UT plays Texas Tech! ha. I have been getting great updates on the Cougars from the members in the ward. 54-3 that ain't bad. They better roll over FSU. So I guess that's at home then? You going or just going to plop down in front of 65'' of entertainment? So did Provo end up beating Stansbury?! you gotta fill me in on that.

I agree that if we follow Grandpa's example that we'll be better off in this world. I have been so blessed to have righteous examples all around me throughout my life.

I love you Dad
Elder Jarman

No comments: