Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Love Being a Part of this Great Latter-day Work

October 7, 2009

Dear Mom,

Conference was so good! I gave Dad the rundown on my favorites but I'll comment on one talk in particular with you. The one Pres. Monson gave on doing good to God's children really struck a chord with me. I am so grateful for the example both you and Dad are of this principle. It is a godly attribute to create time for someone. Our Father in Heaven created our entire existence and we are now in this state of grace to prove worthy to return and live with him again, what a blessing. Now to make time for our brothers and sisters is a smaller scale of that but still it's the same principle, take time to make time. Thank you for always taking time and making time for me and the rest of the family to do things for us. I love you and all you do for me.

You commented on the weather there and how it's getting cold. Well here it's in the high 80's to low 90's still and so humid. I have entirely forgotten what it feels like to be cold I fear.

The work is going good. Things are moving along. We have a couple new investigators: two daughters of an active family that haven't been baptized yet, Angelica who works SO often that it's hard to get in with but when we do it's always so good, and John Boulet who I talked about last week. Also we have a baptism coming up! I was asked by Scarlett Wallace to baptize her on the 17th. She's been taught by both us and the Sisters but mostly the Sisters and wants me to baptize her because I have a 9 year old sister, and she thinks I'm cute haha isn't that adorable? Scarlett is 9 herself and full of energy much like Emma. I love being apart of this great Latter-day work Mom. I know this church is true.

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: