Wednesday, October 28, 2009

They Think They're a Ferrari

Dad,

Well this past week was very interesting. We lost 9 missionaries to the Houston South mission and I actually just barely missed being reassigned as well. With the new stake boundaries we lost 5 units to the new stake that was created. We lost some stalwart missionaries and they will be missed but what is so great is that they will be doing the same work just as all the missionaries are all around the world. Our new stake Presidency is surprisingly young which is pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how they approach missionary work as all do so differently. Hopefully they will give much aid to the pasadena 2nd ward. In my interview with President yesterday he talked about how difficult the ward is and how disengaged the members are, it's very frustrating. There is no unity between the ward and the missionaries from the ward council and that is the engine that is suppose to drive this machine of missionary work. They think they're a Ferrari when in reality they're a Metro. It's hard too because we really just are here to serve them and help them do their missionary work, we just are here to please them and they aren't even using us. So we spend time doing all that we can to find new investigators and visiting the sick and the elderly, which I love. I pray that a change will take place as far as the attitude of the ward council goes.

That report you gave to the stake presidency was SOOOO good dad holy smokes. For real. Thank you for your hard work and diligence in doing the Lord's work. What would you say is one thing you appreciate from the missionaries. I fear lately pride has held me back from just doing the work without complaint. I have been selfish and worrying too much about what others are doing or not doing and it's been frustrating. I know what I am doing wrong I just don't quite know how to fix it ya know? So please let me know what you would want from me if I were serving in your stake.

I love you dad.

No comments: