Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Olivia

September 30, 2009

Hey there Dad,

I can't believe it's been over 18 months, it's gone by so fast- in the twinkling of an eye really. I am so grateful for the privilege it is to represent my Savior Jesus Christ and be one of his many "good soldiers". I pray that all the youth of the church will recognize the blessings that await full time missionary service. It's truly an honor. The most humbling experience one can have.

Chase and James... we've dropped them we'll just say. They just tick me right off. Hopefully they'll come around but right now it's just not worth our time sadly. I think I'll be ok with the pants I have but who knows. The attendance and the missionary fireside was an issue meaning that missionaries outnumbered members and non members, that's not how it should be. This ward has a very hard time understanding being unified in the work. They think the missionaries do their thing and the members do theirs. It's challenging but I think we are making some progress. It's interesting to see the difference of the church in different portions of the Lord's vineyard. It's weaker in some places here and also it's stronger in some places here. What's important is unity though, from Texas to Russia it's all the same church and gospel. Oh Dad Sister Berry is such an angel. She is the best meal coordinator of all time. She gets the job done. I love that woman.

I always enjoy hearing about the adventures of baby Elle. It sounds like she is growing up so much already and staying healthy. I can't wait to meet the little bundle of joy.

I can't believe Olivia would be 12 today. I am so grateful for the gospel and the peace and comfort it brings. I was able to bear my testimony very strongly on the plan of salvation this past week to a woman who lost a child to miscarriage. I promised her that she would see that child again and know the joys of being her mother. I was able to read D&C 137:10 to her as well and the spirit was there with us all.

Thank you for all you do Dad, I love you!

Elder Jarman

No comments: