Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life is Good

1/20/10

Mom!

Oh that Emma girl, a decade old now. Is she really that tall?! Holy smokes! I hope she had a great day, she can be thankful she wasn’t raised Jehovah’s witness or she wouldn't have celebrated her day of birth at all.

Berk is a mom eh? That's just adding to the events that I can't yet fathom. I hear Emily Ojuka is set to tie the knot in August, that is crazy ha.

This past week has been so amazing. We had a meeting with the Stake President, President Moldenhauer, and all the ward unit leaders and ward mission leaders in the stake and set some goals for what we want to accomplish in 2010. The houston east stake plans to baptize 120 people this year, more than doubling the 54 of 2009. I am so blessed to be a part of this laying the foundation here. Then we had a meeting as stake priesthood holders on saturday and were spiritually fed. I have been able to strengthen my testimony of the basics of the gospel so much here lately, namely faith and the Book of Mormon. To cap it all off in our ward correlation meeting on Sunday our Bishop powerfully rallied the leaders of our ward together. He had each auxillary come fasting and with goals they would accomplish in 2010. It is a testimony to me that we are a goal setting and keeping people on top of a covenant making and keeping people.

Life is good. I am just doing my best to stay focused and working hard. It's a blessing to be around youthful missionaries.

Love Elder Jarman

No comments: