Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Have a Sense of Urgency in Sharing the Gospel

1/6/10

Hi Mom!

Getting to be aged in the mission is very strange mom. I have more of a sense of urgency in sharing the gospel, but at the same time I am becoming excited to come home. I know that this 2 year fast from those things back home will bless me for eternity. My companion and I have been working really hard to find new investigators to teach. This mission is about to have great things come to pass and I am grateful to be able say I have a small part in it. Anytime I get asked if I have any good stories I get scared that I can't remember any, I literally sprint my memory. I don't have anything spectacular mom, I am sure when I am home I will be able to tell stories left and right but at the moment all I have to say is that I better understand charity after serving for this amount of time and that faith without works is dead. You have got to want to better yourself and then do something about it. Talk is cheap. Things are really going well. I am a stranger in a strange land as I come to the last few months. I am surrounded by missionaries that I don't know and a lot of them are brand new. It's weird but it's good. I fear if I were around my good friends I wouldn't be as focused on the work. I love you! Tell Ray he better tell me where he's going or I am gonna snap.

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: