Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Obedience With Exactness

Hey Dad,
>
> I love that question of what do you know. I often ask myself that for a personal study, it's a great test for me and a time to really ponder what I do know.
>
> My plans for p-day are to email, shop, eat lunch, then today we have our housing coordinator bringing some extra furniture for a couple investigators we have that have zero belongings in their new place, then if we have time we'll go to the Pasadena church and play some ball, then we have dinner at 5 so we'll have to leave by 4 to get all spruced up for it. We have a great appointment set up with a Bible referral we got last week for our evening that Elder Clove will be seeing with an amazing member named Brother Febbo (Bryce Ayoso was one of the Febbos favorite Elders), while they are at that Elder Christiansen and I will be stopping by a potential investigators house. Then we are going to all meet back up and visit a member of the high council and his family, then finish our night off with contacting a referral the Febbos gave us for a family they are close with. It should be a good p-day. I talk to the Tice and May's every once in a while and they are actually in my zone's area now so I could visit them if I ever had time ha. I'll have to stop by there one of these days. No news on any hurricanes as of late, but we are usually the first to be notified of any threats- the church has a really close eye on their Elders.
>
> I too smiled when hearing of Timpviews defeat. Elder Clove and I stayed up pretty late last night exchanging war stories so high school football was fresh on my mind ha. Thanks for the update. How's PHS looking these days?
>
> Oh the good old days of the Jarman BBQ's. I love those ha. I can't believe Wally is already home. He's a good man.
>
> 60+ people at our house?! Holy smokes! I can't wait to see the changes that have taken place, pictures only do so much.
>
> My new area is really good. I love it here. It kind of smells bad and the locals call it Stinkadena but Pasadena, bad smells and all is a great place to be. It gets the aroma from all the chemical plants around town I guess. I am serving in the same ward as a senior couple from AF that have a son who played high school football in 1981. His name is John Stephens, making them of course the Stephens. They said they are really close with Davis Knight and I told them of my days as a ball boy for him and how I played against him in high school. They are great people and I am privileged to be serving around them.
>
> Looking back on my times of struggle on my mission I realize now that I wasn't working as hard as I should have nor was I striving to be exactly obedient. In your first email to me you told me a cure for any ailment that I'll never forget: hard work and being obedient. I have such a strong testimony of that Dad. I wasn't ever home sick, I was just not working like I should have been. I am feeling better than ever now and will do all that I can to serve to the absolute best of my abilities for the duration of my mission.
>
> I got a wonderful package from y'all this past week. Thank you so much! I love all the ties and especially the photos. I still can't belive Hillary is in college... ha. I think my favorite part however was Emma's little addition. It melted my heart I would have to say. "To the best brother a girl could ever have. Love Emma." I am part of such an incredible family. I love you Dad, I love my Mom, I love Tyler, I love Courtney, I love Danny, I love Caitlin, I love Elle, I love Hillary, I love Louisa, I love Olivia, and I love Emma. Thank you for all you do.
>
> Love Elder Jarman

No comments: