Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Change of Scenery

August 19, 2009

Mother Dearest,

That was so weird to hear that the girls are already getting back into school, it came so soon it seems. Thanks for the update though. I will be praying for all my sisters as they further their education. That is way cool Louisa is in student government! I always wanted to do that but never got around to it I guess ha. Good to hear your committment to the temple is going wonderfully! What a great example you are mom, thank you. I was surprisingly transferred. I am actually thrilled about the move. I am still a Zone Leader, but what they've done is combined the Houston West and East zones into just the Houston East zone and brought in two new ZL's (my new companion and I) to whitewash (once again) the area. We are actually in a trio too. It's quite the mix up but I know that President Moldenhauer was inspired to make the changes he did. I am now serving in the Deer Park area in the Pasadena 2nd ward with Elder Clove (ZL) and Elder Christiansen. Elder Clove is probably the greatest missionary I will serve with on my mission. I have served around him before and was 6 months out when he joined the mission. He is a great example of diligence, obedience, and hard work, plus he's an incredible athlete- he played baseball for SUU before the mission and plans on going back. I am really so excited to say the least. He is from Enterprise Utah. Elder Christiansen is from Portland Oregon and is a great missionary. I am looking forward to my time here. I am feeling much better mom, thank you for asking. I remembered it was your anniversary today by the way, so happy anniversary! Can you believe that last year this time Benny May gave y'all a call ha, time flies. This'll be the last anniversary I miss out on. What a blessing it is to have the parents I do. Elder Christiansen's parents are going through a divorce after 25 years of marraige so it's really brought to light the fact that I have been thoroughly blessed with you both. Pray for him as he goes through this hard time. Being whitewashed into a new area is always a lot of hard work and right now we have a baptism that is set for Saturday with a 12 year old boy named Christian. The missionaries that were here previous really did a stand up job and left us a great area book so that helps a lot. We just got here Monday so we have just gone out and visited members and done some tracting to try and get familiar with our new territory. Things are going really well and are looking up that's for sure. I love you and appreciate all you do for me!

Love Elder JarmanDear



Dad,

You're a good man. Thank you for always being there for me Dad. Thank you for being a master teacher. That is something I have come to realize and am so grateful for is that you were constantly teaching, whether I was constantly learning is up for debate but the opportunity to was always there- so thank you.

I cannot wait to meet Elle, she sounds amazing. I am sure that you are only her favorite until she gets to meet me :) haha. What a blessing it is to have the gospel in our lives though. We come across a lot of domestic disputes down here and they are typically over the dumbest things, this happens in our home too, but the difference is that we have the gospel to help heal those wounds that were opened and repentance and forgiveness occurs and we move on oft times not even remembering what caused the rift. Without the gospel however I have noticed it is much harder to overcome those small differences and ties are severed a lot of times because of the poison of harboring bad feelings. What a blessing the gospel is. I know that it is the gospel that ties our family together and allows us to overcome our imperfections.

That is exciting to hear that school is up and running again. I still can't believe Hillary is in college... crazy. I sent her a belated birthday card today actually, I know it's late but hopefully she appreciates it. I was out of stamps when July 23rd came around and never got around to it ugh.

I have been transferred. After only one transfer in North Shore I was moved. I am now in Deer Park (Pasadena 2nd ward). They whitewashed us in, that makes 4 times for me now. I am still a zone leader. I am serving in a trio with Elder Clove (ZL from Enterprise UT) and Elder Christiansen (Portland OR). I couldn't be happier with my new assignment. We have a lot of work to do and it will require much focus and diligence. In our meeting last night with the Stake President and high councilman over missionary work it was brought to my attention that we as missionaries can do better at taking advantage of the PEC groups and ward correlation meetings we are having. That will be my focus this transfer- better utilitzing PEC and trying to formulate a method to teach other missionaries. A lot of the time its just a show and tell in those meetings but it should be much more.

I have yet to get my package but will expect delay now that I am transferred. Thank you for that though! I am excited to get it!

I love you Dad, thank you again for being steadfast and immovable.

Elder Jarman

No comments: