Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Tree of Life

26 August 2009

Mom!

Yeah I suppose Dad did cover it all but I am so grateful that you still took time, and always do, to email me. It makes a boy happy! I did get the package, thank you thank you. It was a delight. I still am enjoying all the treats and have looked at the photos everyday since getting them. I especially loved Emma's note to me. What a sweet girl that Emma France is. Things are going really well for me thank you for asking. We have a lot of good stuff going on in this area. We are working with a couple guys named James and Chase that are wanting to be baptized but just need to qualify by living in harmony with the commandments, namely the word of wisdom. I was studying in 1 Nephi 8 this morning (Lehi's Vision) and made the connection to James. Lehi before being able to enjoy the fruit of the tree of life went through a dark and dreary waste. Then after getting through the wilderness he was in, only after crying out to the Lord for mercy, he came to a large and spacious field. I liken the wilderness the James' addictions of his past that he has already overcome, now he's at the edge of this wilderness looking at the field. Lehi then talks of how he saw the tree of life and then still had to cross the field to get to it. He describes the fruit of the tree as being sweet above all that is sweet. James can see the tree and knows of it's sweetness because of meeting with the missionaries. I just like Lehi have been able to taste of that fruit, the fruit of the tree of life-the fruit of the love of God, or the Atonement. James can see where he came from, the progress he has already made, and where he wants to be and can be if he but chooses to be there. It was a great study and I am looking forward to our next visit to Chase and James. I am busy it's true but that is such a good thing. If I weren't busy I wouldn't be doing what I was called to do. I love you Mom!

Elder Jarman

No comments: