Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Just a Matter of Time

August 12, 2009

Dad!

Hey! Oh it was so good to read your letter you sent, thank you so much for that. I really enjoyed reading the talk you gave on covenants. I can relate to the part you shared about interviewing baptismal candidates. I really have loved my opportunity to do that. It's always a very spiritual experience. The only thing I would have added is a quote from Boyd K Packer about temple marraige and the power of that covenant, it's way too long for me to have memorized ha. A package really would hit the spot, definetly send pictures if anything.

12 Angry Men is such a good movie! I remember watching that in AP Psychology. That is way sweet y'all watched it for FHE.

The work out here is so different than anywhere I've been. We get a TON of referrals that we try to hunt down and do a lot of less active work. Sister Simpson is one less active that we have been working with in particular. There are so many just like her that are so warm and welcome with us as missionaries and even with ward members but that just don't come. We are working on building a solid relationship with her. Something else we have been working on is extending invitations to members, ya know all the time we are committing investigators to do this and that but now we are going to apply that to member work both active and less active. We are working with a few part member families, one in particular has a baptismal date for the 29th. Jason is the man's name and he loves the church but complications with previous marriages have postponed his baptism. He'll be baptized, it's just a matter of time. Lately our mission has taken quite a hit, President Moldenhauer has sent 6 missionaries home in the last week on account of disobedience. It was a definite eye opener for me. I can do better at trying to help those in need and be a better leader. It's a shame something like that had to happen. Transfers are coming up and I could be called down as a zone leader, I've been one for around 7 or 8 months now. I will take what I have learned and apply it to wherever I go. I hope that little blurb painted a picture of what is going on here.

I love you dad! Glad to hear you are alive after your monster bike ride haha.

Love Elder Jarman

No comments: