Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Cease to be Idle"

Mom,

Guess what I studied about this morning? How it is a commandment from the Lord to cease to be idle. D&C 60:13 so clearly states that. So in the beginning of this summer season I hope and pray that my sisters will understand that. It is something that I failed to set the example of but I now understand it and strive to do so. Part of ceasing to be idle is sacrifice. We have to learn how to sacrifice in this life. It is essential to progression. Ask the girls what they can sacrifice this summer to bring them closer to each other and to the gospel. That is good to hear graduation went well, I take it Hillary was able to make it to hers unlike her older brother Warner ha. I still can't believe I didn't go, I must have been really sick. That is too bad about Grandma Knell falling, poor thing. I hope she heals up quickly. Tell her I say hi and that I love her.

My new companion is such a good guy. We get along so well haha. We are always singing and making up words to songs, speaking with outrageous accents, and working hard. It's a good combination i promise. He is a great example of humility and diligence. I will learn much from him. This past week we had our zone leader council where we meet as leadership in the mission at the mission home and discuss different action items. This one really hit on sacrifice, obedience, and policies in the mission. Also I was able to speak on Sunday, first time since being on my mission crazy huh? ha. I spoke on what the role of a member missionary is. It was the first talk I have given without any notes in front of me. I truly had to rely on the Spirit. We also have been doing a lot of tracting lately and with the summer heat comes the summer dress, lets just say my daughters will not be dressing like some of the Texas girls. Satan is truly running rampant. I love this gospel and know that it brings strength into the lives of those who apply it daily. There are no days off in this gospel. We have to be strong Christians just as Elder Christofferson counseled us.

Love Elder Jarman

No comments: