Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Attitude Is Everything

Mom!

Eddie Ray continues to amaze me. He is a changed man. We taught the word of wisdom to him this past week and he is a HUGE iced tea drinker. His wife after the part about tea asked him "So what are you gonna do with all that tea?" he simply said "What about it? I'm throwing it out." Oh it was awesome. Then he went on to bear testimony of the reality of Joseph Smith's vision to his son who is a member but was questioning it. This has been the most gratifying time of my mission. The Ray family came to church, Eddie a half hour early, and loved it. The message was on Celestial Marriage of all things and was tailor made for them. Eddie loved it. Mom it's incredible what the gospel can do.

That is cool you got an email from the mission home. I'm still learning so much in regard to obedience and sacrifice. I know that those are both vital to learn and fully understand while in this life. We have a great mission president who loves us and only wants what is best for us.

I am glad to hear Grandma is doing better. What great examples of being of good cheer we have in our lives. Attitude is everything.

I love you mom. I am grateful for all the sacrifices you make for me. I know that this gospel is true and that the church is truly Jesus Christ's.

Love Elder Jarman

No comments: