Wednesday, June 3, 2009

ALL Things That are Joyous Lead to Righteousness

Hey Dad,

As it is so stated in D&C 60:13 we are commanded to not be idle. It's probably not a coincidence that I studied that this morning. Also on sacrifice as well. Amulek is a great example of that. In Alma 15:16 it shows all that he gave up for the gospel. He followed the standard that Christ has for all his disciples, Luke 14:33-35. Thank you for setting the example of always being engaged in a good cause Dad. I didn't learn that lesson of fleeing idleness until this point in my life and I doubt I have fully learned it but I am more and more understanding it and realizing the importance behind it. Fun isn't important, joy is. It's the fun stuff in life that leads us down the road of regret remorse and eventual repentance, joy only brings goodness and blessings. Of course not ALL fun leads to repentance, but ALL things that are joyous lead to righteousness.

My week was really good. What I have learned about my companion so far is that he is an amazing singer but never took lessons. He helps filter quality into all aspects of the work. His sister knows Jami & Trey Warner, her name is Natasha Woodward- so she is Jami's sister in law. His dad is in the stake presidency. He brings a new level of enthusiasm and diligence into the work. The latest zone news is that we need to be better teachers. As I have been on exchanges with different companionships I have been very concerned with the level of teaching. So the upcoming zone conference will touch on that for sure. I spoke in Sacrament meeting for the first time on my mission so I guess that qualifies for exciting. I spoke without any notes or anything in front of me too, first time for that as well. It was really good. Our ward has come such a long way. We can always do better though. I love this gospel and am so well pleased to be a missionary on the Lord's errand "When on the Lord's errand you are entitled to the Lord's help. -Thomas S. Monson. I feel the Lord's help everyday.

Love Elder Jarman

No comments: