Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I Have A Strong Testimony that the Gospel Changes Lives

Dad,

Eddie is on fire Dad! He is a changed man. The gospel is so true. We taught him the plan of salvation and the gospel of Jesus Christ coupled with different commandments since last week and he is just grasping on and not letting go. The word of wisdom, family home evening, reading, and praying, he has committed to do it all because he has felt the Spirit. He said so himself after an emotional lesson "It's as though my eyes, my spiritual eyes, had been shut until now. They're wide open after feeling what I felt." He is like a sponge. I know that this change that has occurred in his life is not because of Elder Lybbert and I's ability to teach but because of the Spirit of God. I have never felt the Spirit so strongly. Eddie has a solid relationship with a few of the members and we are taking President Moldenhauer over to meet him tonight.

I actually just found out that LA won yesterday haha. GO LAKERS! haha.

I have such a strong testimony that the gospel blesses families. Look at the mobilization that is happening for Grandma Knell. And that isn't the first time it's happened and wont be the last. I am so grateful for the family I come from. I have great examples of all the christlike attributes around me all the time. My only idea for you to speak about is that we are no more like the Father than when we bear testimony of His Divinely appointed Son, Jesus Christ. That is something Elder Callister of the 70 taught us when he came months ago. Also that service is a great way to better understand the true nature of our Heavenly Father. Carlos H. Amado gave a talk about that a few conferences ago.

I love you Dad. The work is going on strongly.

Love Elder Jarman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey my name is thomas miller and if you will let me i would like to share with you my testimony of Jesus Christ and the Remnant Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints my email is remnantsoldier_16@yahoo.com