Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tracting is Almost Dangerous

Hey Dad,

You are very welcome for the letter, it was a pleasure to share Father's Day with you through that small token of the love I have for you. It sounds like you had a great day, as you should have. The visit with President Moldenhauer went so good, he's such a good man. Eddie is still progressing and soaking everything up like a sponge. We are going over there tonight to plan out the baptismal service with him, should be good. In other exciting news...We had two bretheren from the missionary department visit our mission, Christ Randall and Tim Bothell. Brother Randall noticed my name tag and asked if I was related to Mark and he said that he has known him for like 25 years and is really close to him and his family, so that was cool. They came and gave great counsel to us as the leadership in the mission. They talked about beginning teaching and how to invite the Spirit in right from the get go, even before the prayer. It was really so good. I have been able to apply it and have seen the fruits already... My personal study yesterday was interesting, I felt prompted to read Doctrine and Covenants section 76 for some reason, so I did. Later on in the day we stopped by a member (Jack Rice) and he had a plethera of questions on what? The Kingdoms of Glory and who goes where and why. It was incredible. I was able to answer a lot of his questions and the Spirit was very strong. He is such a good guy. He reminds me a lot of Brother Waters in Jasper...

That's funny that Utah is getting all that moisture while here it hasn't rained in forever. It is SO hot Dad, like ridiculous. Good thing people see us sweating and are nice and give us water otherwise I would probably pass out. Tracting is almost dangerous ha.

I love you Dad
Elder Jarman

1 comment:

Mary said...

The elders around here have camel backs--isn't that what they're called? Those fancy canteens built into the backpack?

We used to freeze a couple bottles of water at night and carry one (wrapped in a washcloth, which we also used to wipe sweaty faces) in our back pack in the morning, then switch them at lunch.