Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Can't Just Go Through The Motions

March 3, 2010

MOM...

This past week was pleasent. We continue to work hard and are really focusing on finding the searchers and filling our teaching pool. My goal is to have at least 5 progressing investigators and 3 with baptismal dates by the time I leave. I have faith that it will happen. We have found a lot of people here lately that have shown me faith is vital in this work. You can't just go through the motions. It was freezing cold yesterday and Elder Salisbury and I were out knocking doors. We were just about to stop and go get some food then we decided on one more door. That door we knocked provided us with a young single mom who is searching. I can't wait to go back and teach her. The spirit is real and as we obey his promptings we are blessed.

Really my mind is going in so many directions. I have loved serving here in Texas. I think the greatest things I have learned are sacrifice brings forth the blessings of Heaven, obedience brings peace and security, love for people, to love learning, and that this church is true Jesus is the Christ and God lives and loves me. People amaze me Mom, for the good and the bad. I am so excited to just talk with you face to face. I know that my relationship with you and dad will be so much more open. I can't wait for that.

I love you. I will see you in two weeks.

Elder Jarman

No comments: