Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THIS IS IT!!!

Dad,

You're the man I want to be someday Dad. I know that these two years in Texas will help me in my eternal pursuit of happy-ness. They have helped me become more like you and more like my Eternal Father. I know that the mission is a gift and I am so grateful to have been able to serve. I really can't believe I am to this point in my life. I am sure that while you were on your mission there were days that you thought would never end and days that you wished would never end, it's a wonderful thing to serve- good days and bad. I know that if I apply the things I have learned here I will be alright in life. I have never loved an experience more than serving the Lord. It's only my mission because it's me serving it, but I know that this is tuly the Lord's mission and that I am just an instrument in his hands. Your words have been comforting, encouraging, humbling, and uplifting from day one and have helped me so much to remember who I am and what my purpose is. My testimony of this gospel has never been more sure, that it is the true gospel of the true Savior. This church is the only true and living church on this earth and is the greatest cultivator of faith in Christ known to man. The Atonement is so real! It is what everything is all about. This past week as well as the past two years have helped me in gaining this testimony. Lately we've really been focusing on getting a solid teaching pool and after this last week we can say mission accomplished. We are now teaching the Honeycutt family, Loyd Dean, the Alkentar family, the Hull family, Catie, Ann, Mike, and a plethera of less active members. It's been amazing to see this area come alive so to speak. Now for the harvesting part. I have faith that Elder Salisbury and whoever he gets will see the fruits of this labor. I am so excited! I would prefer to be released by Pres Warner as well so if at all possible I would like that to be the case. I hope he's in town, but if not then one of his counselors will suffice. I checked on prices to ship the bike home and it will be anywhere from 35 to 50 dollars if I go FedEx or UPS. I loved Elder Choi's talk! I always think of the ability one has to change when I hear it. I love you dad and I can't wait to see you next week! What a great time in life. The mission has gone by like a dream. It has been the greatest honor to wear the tag!

Love
Elder Jarman

Mom!

Yeah, wow, ummm, hmmmm... Not really sure what to think ha. Serving a mission has been the greatest decision I have ever made. I have never felt this kind of joy before which, consequently, has given me a never before felt sense of worth- until this time. Two years has gone by and it has been as a dream. Meeting amazing people everywhere I go, not by coincidence or chance but by appointment, has been one of my favorite things. To be able to look someone in the eye and tell them I am a personal representative of Jesus Christ is something I will cherish forever. I have memories of tracting in the summer sun dripping with sweat, serving the people of southeast Texas during Hurricane Ike, reading Alma 32 to a teenager whose eyes swell with tears because of the Spirit, gaining friendships that will last through the eternities, and having to work like never before to grow my faith while strengthening the faith of others- that seem like they just happened yesterday. I have never done anything up to this point in my life that can compare to what I have done these past two years. To put it simply I have loved my time to serve the Lord and His children in this portion of His vineyard. Thank you for all the love and support and sacrifces you have made! I love you mom! I can't wait to see you.

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: