Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Church Is So True

February 24, 2010

Hey!

I truly am enjoying life right now and serving with a great companion has helped so much. Ray has actually been in Amarillo Texas for the past week and gets back on Thursday or Friday, I have been able to keep in contact with him just over the phone- he still wants us to come by when he's home so that's good. Elder Salisbury and I had a really good experience with the referral system last week. We get referrals via text now and we got this one for a man named Greg. We go over there thinking that he requested us to stop by, but no that wasnt the case. He had a Marilyn Manson t shirt on and at first didn't seem too happy to see us, BUT we did make the most out of the situation and he actually invited us in and said that he and his family are searching for a good church that places high importance on the family... hmmm... I would say we fit that bill. So we talked with Greg and his wife for about two hours about the Restoration and focused on how the restored gospel blesses families, it went amazingly well. We are actually going by tonight and are going to set a baptismal date with them. The Lord works in mysterious ways. We still don't know who referred us to him, and neither does he. There are so many good Christians down here Dad, it's incredible. I have really grown in respect for our friends of other faiths. Through the many Baptists, Lutherans, Methodists, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, Pentecostals, and others I have grown my faith in Christ as my personal Savior. Being a member of the only true and living church on the earth is such a blessing and knowing that I have the fulness of the gospel is humbling. What we have is the greatest most powerful way to live, now we just gotta do it! There was a talk given on Sunday by one of the members of the High Council and he asked us if we had a bottle of cure all pills who would we give one to. Of course I immediately scrolled through all those that were closest to me with ailments then worked my way outward to really everyone and anyone who had a problem. If I had that type of antidote I would do all I could to give it to ALL the world, I really would. Then he told us we have something even greater than that in the fulness of the gospel, something that cures not just the physical struggles but the spiritual ones too-- and for eternity. It hit me how important missionary work is, not just for this two year period either but until the day we die.

The church is so true! It always strengthens my testimony when I remember we are a worldwide church and that the lesson I am receiving here in Pasadena is the same one y'all are receiving in Provo, what great unity. I love it. So many people are blown away by that concept. Churches down here are so independent from each other, even those of the same denomination. I still can't believe how many churches there are down here, it's insane! We pass probably 15 different church houses on our way to church.

I will go ahead and send the bike home if I can fix the left pedal. It's a long story, but when Diggy got transferred from Jasper to Channelview (opposite ends of the mission) the McDaniels (our host family) accidentally took my bike instead of his to give to him. Well it ended up getting a big bolt shoved in where the left pedal use to be, don't ask me how or why ha. I'll do what I can though.

Oh Elder Draper and I weren't planning on seeing eachother until after our release so no worries there.

It would be ideal to be released as soon as possible I think. I really just want my family at the airport to be honest, it will be a very tender moment for me and the fam to have that very near sacred reunion I think. Lunch sounds great! I really couldn't tell you where though so please you and the family choose. Let's make sure a location is chosen prior to crunch time so we don't waste time picking somewhere's. I can't wait! Until then I will continue finding and teaching the Father's children that they may enjoy the blessing of baptism. I love you dad!
ELdEr JarMAN

No comments: