Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Miracles Are Happening

February 17, 2010

Dear Mom!

You are the greatest. I was looking at your picture the other day and just thinking how awesome you are and how excited I am to see you again. I love you.

Elder Salisbury and I have really been blessed this past week. We were on exchanges with the assistants and I was able to go with my former companion Elder Clove. We had an incredible day. We were tracting and some how or another we were prompted to cross the street and knock on a certain door. A man named Ray opened up and wasn't too thrilled to see us. The spirit gave us both words to say that softened his heart and like a clam he opened up and gave us a pearl. He told us he was a recovering alcoholic and a member of AA currently and that we would be wasting our time, but we both knew that we weren't at all. We explained the church's great love and actual correlation for and with the AA program. While we were talking to him I noticed he kept grabbing his chest and asked about it, he told us that he was in severe pain and that he'd be admitting himself to the hospital later on in the day. I was able to tell him a little about the Priesthood and that Elder Clove and I had the authority given to us from God to administer to him. I have never done this before but I felt that this is what the Spirit was prompting me to do. He accepted the offer to have us give him a blessing and Elder Clove was able to read a few verses from James 5 further explaining the process. It was a great experience to give him that blessing. After that he asked us if we could come back and teach him more, we of course said yes. Miracles are happening, hearts are being softened, and blessings are being poured out on this mission. I love this work. I called Ray just yesterday to set another appointment up but he is currently out of town until next week. We will stay close to him and do all we can for him. Also, I got a sweet package from the family and also Ali for Valentines Day. Oh! Elder Salisbury's mom fandangled a way to overnight deliver us Cafe' Rio and we got that this morning, so that is what we are eating for lunch ha. I gave my final testimony at my final zone conference yesterday and was able to let the missionaries know how incredible the mission experience is, and to not let the small and simple blessings pass them by.

I agree with you, the last four weeks are going to fly by. The mission is the greatest thing I have ever done. I know that God loves me and that the Atonement is real. The lessons I have learned here in Texas will stay with me forever. This last transfer is so trippy! It doesn't seem like a reality. It sounds like things back home continue to press on. How is Tyler doing? Fill me in on what the heck is going down when I get home I want to know about stuff. Do we have summer plans?

I love you!

Elder Jarman

No comments: