Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Week of Miracles

November 11, 2009

Hey Dad,

You are very welcome for the birthday letter. I was glad to hear that you have not just a day but a week to celebrate your birthday, good for you!

I must say that this past week has been one of miracles. The ward I have mentioned previously has been quite disengaged and at times seemed to flat out dislike us, but that all changed after this week. We were asked by so many members to help do service for them and in doing so, just like Ammon serving King Lamoni, we were able to see a change come over them-- they in turn began to open up to us and some of which have really caught the vision of missionary work. I am so blessed to be able to be a part of so much goodness here in Pasadena.

I got a new companion this week. Elder Robertson is his name. He's very peculiar and eccentric, I am sure we'll have a good time serving together though.

What's new with me? I am coming out of what I guess you could call a slump, I am happier now than I have been over the past few weeks. A lot of times I will get caught up in this and that and lose sight of the purposes of missionary work. Well I am so grateful for the Atonement and the power it posesses. I was reading in 1 Timothy today can't remember the exact passage of scripture but Paul is relating his conversion and how Christ came not to call anyone but sinners to repentance, he came to save fallen man- which of course includes everyone. It really hit me that everyone is so much the same as they are in their pursuit of happiness, we all rely on our Savior for saving. I love this work and being able to testify of the restored gospel. I love you and am so blessed to be a part of the family I am a part of.

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: