Wednesday, December 16, 2009

20 Year Olds Leading 20 Year Olds

December 9, 2009

Dad,

You better believe it snowed here, it was quite a surprise to say the least. We had our zone meeting that same day and so traveling was quite a scare since these Texas drivers aren't use to that type of weather, but we all made it safely to our destination. Zone meeting was really powerful and the zone is doing really well. I love the missionaries I am able to serve with. It's incredible to me that there is a mutual love and respect for one another as we serve. 20 year olds leading 20 year olds?! Where else does that happen? The church has to be true or, like Elder Holland says, "the missionaries would have ruined it years ago." haha.

It sounds like you got a lot more snow than here haha, naturally. Oh a little side note yesterday it was 77, just to give you a taste of how sporadic the weather is. I apologize I didnt comment on your wreck last week I was in too much of a hurry and I should have taken more time to assess what you had written. That is no fun that you got in an accident and even worse that the car wont be done for so long. I hope you are feeling 100% by now though.

It sounds like Stake Conference was great. Chris Monday is an amazing speaker, I remember he spoke to us at Pinnacle before I went out for the Summer.

On Sunday the Smith family that we've been teaching showed up at church! It was so good to see them! I have also come to find out that they know the Tice family so that has helped in building a relationship with them. We also had two less active families that we've been working with that came to church also. One of which I sat with and the 3 year old boy that belongs to the less active member, Sister Cassidy, had an accident all over the pew. I was left to clean up the urine haha. It was hilarious. I am sure parenting is going to be wonderful. The other less active family we've been working with we were able to teach how to have family home evening and memories of home flooded my memory. I was such a punk, but now I know the importance and true power that FHE holds. Also we have been volunteering at this old folks home and it is so much fun. We played uno and bingo with the seniors this past week, what a hoot. The Majano family continues to progress and it was such a blessing to teach them about prayer and to hear the father pray with his family for the first time, it was a very tender moment. I suppose that is the good news I have to share.

About the package situation that is alright. I just assumed you combined my birthday and Christmas so I already opened my Christmas package haha. The next day I found out the office had my birthday package though and had had it for over a week. So I did get both packages, thank you thank you. I love the PJ's haha. You are too good to me.

My favorite scripture this week is Matthew 11: 28-32? The last 3 or 4 verses haha. Those are so powerful! The Lord just wants us to be happy and to feel secure. It's up to us to come unto him though, the invitation is always there.

I really haven't eaten any crazy foods. I've had crawfish, bouilldan (spelling?), sourcrought (YUCK!), and just a lot a lot a lot of really tasty unhealthy southern cooking. The holiday foods are your typical pecan pie, sweet potatoes, and dressing (stuffing).

No comments: