Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Swear People See Us as Mirrors

December 16, 2009

Hi Mom,

Oh just cause Dad covers everything doesn't mean you can't give me your side haha, just teasing. You'll have to tell Abe happy birthday for me please, he's a good man. It's funny how coming out on my mission has helped me to see people in a different light, especially people from back home.

The investigators are coming along pretty well. We hit a little road block with the Majano family, the wife and oldest daughter are kind of resenting coming to church, but we are still very engaged in bringing them into the waters of baptism. They are such a great family. Caesar, the dad, has come a very very long way. He really opened up to us yesterday and told us all about his past and how he wants his kids to have a better life than what he went through. I swear people see us as mirrors, they feel like they're just talking to themselves and can tell us every little detail-- sometimes it's a little too much ha. The Smith's are doing good. They are a very busy family so we only get to see them once a week. Terry is very much into facts and proof whereas Kerry is into faith. We are making progress with them though and they have committed to read from the Book of Mormon every night before going to bed, also they should be at church this week. In other news, we were tracting and tracted into a very less active member who has an unbaptized daughter who she wants to be baptized, we are going to try and re activate the member first of course and then work with the daughter. Christmas is a little better as far as kindness goes but people seem to be so busy. Things with my comp are about the same. I am not really hoping to get transferred to get away from him though, I want to be able to work through differences with people and I feel like I can put so much more into that with him. Our apartment has always and will always stink. I remember going on exchanges with the zone leaders in my first area in these apartments and it smelled then. It is what it is.

I will probably call around 5 or 6 pm your time if that is when you guys will all be together. I can't wait to talk to you!

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: