Wednesday, December 16, 2009

"I Will Give Thanks Unto My God Forever"

November 25, 2009

Dear Mom,

Hey! Nope, haven't gotten a package yet from you. I did have an amazing birthday though. It was really a memorable one. During our PEC I had this prompting to call a less active member so I asked if we could be excused, which I never do. Just as we went out to make the call a man walked in the church doors and asked what time church was at. We came to find out he hadn't been to church since he was 14 and now at 32 has 4 kids and a wife. They all came to church and we taught them on Monday in there home, it was incredible. So we will be setting a date for them to be baptized tomorrow most likely. Also just yesterday I went to the temple for the last time as a missionary. I have been able to strengthen my understanding so much of what goes one there. I am very grateful for the temple. For Thanksgiving we will be going to a few dinners, the big one will be with that family I told you about that came to church on Sunday- the Mojano family. The work is coming along great. We are having a lot of success finding new investigators. We are working with the Mojano's, the Smith's, and Sandra really closely with a few others that have a lot of potential. Also we are doing a lot of less active work. This ward has 500+ on their ward list and only about 90 to 100 that come regularly, lots of less actives. Our apartment still stinks. We think that an animal died in the wall because the maintenance guy came and checked the disposal, the dishwasher, and the fridge and they were all fine. I love you mom! In the spirit of Thanksgiving I will share one of my favorite scriptures on being thankful, it's Alma 26: 35-37 35 Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name.
36 Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting. Yea, blessed is the name of my God, who has been mindful of this people, who are a branch of the tree of Israel, and has been lost from its body in a strange land; yea, I say, blessed be the name of my God, who has been mindful of us, wanderers in a strange land.
37 Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen.

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: