Wednesday, December 16, 2009

My Spirits Are High

November 18, 2009

Mom!

Happy birthday yesterday! The 47th of your life, wow! I was telling everyone that your birthday was on the 17th haha, the Sister missionaries in our district (who are a little crazy to say the least) called and sang happy birthday to you to me, I had a good laugh about it. In all honesty I didn't think you would wait until your actual birthday to open the letter haha, that's just not your nature-- point and case my mission call, I think it was opened like 4 minutes after it arrived haha. Oh mama, I love you.

Before I go any further I just wanted to let you know that our kitchen and now apartment smells like the bog of eternal stench. I swear some animal has died in there, but what's the worst is we cannot find the source of the stink. It is so awful, even now being so far away from it it is haunting me. We are going to talk to the apartment manager about it here shortly.

The new comp is still kinda crazy yeah, but it's ok. We are working really hard and having a lot of good things happen. I really would not like him one bit if I weren't on a mission but because of that fact I respect him, serving a mission is hard I don't care who you are. If it was an easy two years then you did something wrong. It's been the hardest but also most rewarding thing I have ever done. I am doing really well! My spirits are high, health is good now, and life is grand. I was feeling really sick last Sunday actually and feared I was getting the flu, well we went over to the Febbo's house that night and I was so privileged to be a part of a Priesthood blessing for Bro. Febbo and then also got a blessing from him, it was a wonderful blessing and the next day I was feeling so much better.

Love you mom!

Elder Jarman

No comments: