Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Love This Work and Being a Missionary

November 18, 2009

Hey Dad!

Of course Mom opened the letter I wrote before she was suppose to haha. I should have known better than to have even said anything about it haha. Oh mother.

The plans for my birthday are to go to church, take the sacrament to Sis. Berry and Bro. Hurst, and maybe have a glass of milk I suppose. It's gonna be a good one. I am excited about receiving a package, those are always nice to get.

Jon is home! Woah! Tell him I say hello. It's getting to the point where I am feeling old out here, it's kinda scary.

Elder Robertson is from Idaho Falls. I am doing my best to look for the things he does well and in fact write them down in my planner each day. It seems to be helping. He is just really eccentric, and I am realizing that there's a time and a place to be silly and it's not all the time and in all places. We really do work well together though in reaching our goals and having spiritual experiences. It's already been a great week and a half. We have found some new investigators that I am so excited about. First is a 21 year old girl who is a friend of a part member family. We went over actually this past week to see the non member husband but he had the flu and Sandra, the 21 yo, just so happened to be there. We had a great conversation about the gospel and then she really opened up to us about her life and the struggles she is going through being a single mother. So we are going to start working with her and it should be great. Second we have a family we are working with, the Smith's. They were referred to us by a family from Vegas who are their close friends. The family from Vegas recently lost a son and the Smith's were in attendance at the funeral and asked what they could do to help, the reply was "Meet with the missionaries." So they are now. We will be seeing them at the ward social this Friday then again at church Sunday. We met with them two nights ago and taught them the Plan of Salvation, they had so many soul searching questions that were answered by using the Book of Mormon. It was wonderful. Also we have been working very closely with a few less active families and this past week all three came to church! It is such a good feeling to see people come back to activity.

I love this work and being a missionary. I know that I have benefitted so much from the great examples that you and Mom are. More and more I am asking myself "why did I not listen to dad more?" I know I could have avoided so much hardship if I would have. Thank you for always being there for me.

Love
Elder Jarman

No comments: