Wednesday, September 2, 2009

There is a Lot of Good Stuff Going On

Hey Dad,

Well the latest and greatest is that if anything can go wrong with a scheduled appointment it will. We had our investigator Katrina committed and ready to come to church this past week but her dog broke it's leg and then just last night she had to cancel as well. She has a special needs son who was acting up is the way she put it, so we rescheduled for another day. Also James and Chase are nowhere to be found and won’t return our phone calls, which is a little disheartening but hopefully they come around. We met a great less active family last night, the Porales, who I am really excited to start working with. It's Brother and Sister Porales and their three sons ages 21 19 and 18. I feel a good connection with them so we'll see how it goes. Really there is a lot of good stuff going on. I am getting along great with my companions and our zone is working hard. I had heard Favre was now a Viking, that still blows my mind he's not a Packer.

I'll bet the cannery is a good experience. They have a big peanut butter factory down here that the Saints serve at, I would love to volunteer but it's out of our mission.

I can't believe all those guys are playing for the Y these days, it makes me feel old ha.

Love Elder Jarman

No comments: