Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Love My Mission

Mother Dearest,

This morning has been so great. I got to start it off by giving Sister Stephens a blessing. She's serving here in our district in our ward with her husband, they're from AF and as sweet as can be. She is going in for an eye surgery this morning and wanted a blessing. It was nice.

Seriously I can't believe it's been 18 months but then again I can, it's hard to explain I guess. You are very welcome for the pictures, sorry I haven't done better about sending those over the course of my mission I just haven't been a great photographer. Our missing investigators are still mia but that's ok the Lord has blessed us elsewhere. We have a new family we are teaching, the Cantu's, and we have appointments every friday at 7 so friday is still a day to look forward to for me ha. Also lately we have been having studies with a member in the ward who is struggling with the word of wisdom, I admire his honesty and his sincere desire to overcome his addictions. He is also working with the Bishop and we are so excited about his sincerity. We will hopefully be able to prepare him to go to the temple and be sealed to his family. Also this past weekend I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Plater and it was just what I needed. We had a great appointment with his investigator Ryan and were able to set a baptismal date for October 24th, he is golden. This past week we have been able to conduct two baptismal interviews. Those are so incredible to experience. I was able to interview a 10 yr old named Ashton who has had a very hard life. His father is in prison for murdering his mother and he lives with his grandparents but just recently his grandfather had an affair and so he's had to go through that whole mess and what it did for me was remind me of how blessed I am. I have goodly parents who love each other and love me. What a treasure. Ashton is a very well prepared young man who should be a great missionary some day.

I love you and I love my mission.

Elder Jarman

No comments: