Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"Those Mormons Can Play Ball"

Dad,

My week was good. It was a little crazy but it was good. We had to deal with another missionary going home so Elder Christiansen has taken his place down with his companion. It's sad that people make the decisions they do but what's more is the attitudes of people toward the consequence that follows. I'm not perfect and make mistakes daily but I do try to do my best and serve the Lord in a way that would please him.

We still cannot get a hold of Katrina, we don't know what happened she just disappeared. Chase and James are ridiculous. They dip dive and dodge away from us and have fallen back into a lot of their old ways which is sad. The Porales family is doing good and we are actually going by there tonight. It's been a great week as far as building relationships with members is concerned. We also have had a lot of meetings. Zone Conference was wonderful as usual and we got to have a visiting General Authority Elder Villareal. He was the Colombia Bogota Mission President from 01-03. I told him my father served in that mission and we had a good chat. Elder Clove and I have also been focusing a lot on visiting the elderly people in the ward. It's been such a rewarding thing. We visit Bro. Hawkins at least once a week. He's 91 and loves to talk ha. He is all bent over when he walks and has a hump on his back.

Oh boy did I hear about the BYU OU game. The Longhorn fans were on cloud 9! "Those Mormons can play ball" one guy told us ha.

Life on the mission is giong good. Elder Clove and I are planning our zone meeting that will be this friday also. It should be a good time.

I love you

Elder Jarman

No comments: