Friday, April 10, 2009

The Baptism Went as Planned

Hey Mama!

My week was so good! The baptism did indeed go as planned. It was such a nice program and Stephen was beaming. What a blessing it was to witness that. Our teaching pool is getting pretty big. We have found a family that we hope to see progress, the Grimlands. They are a very active baptist family that seek truth and our message has caught their eye. We have had some great lessons with them. Joey, the dad, invited us to play basketball with him at his church on thursday nights so through approval from President we will be doing that. Keith Thompson too continues to progress and is getting ready for his 25th of April baptism. He has strengthened my testimony so much of talking to everyone. He called me his guardian angel last visit, it was a wonderful moment. Conference was so amazing! I loved it. I loved Elder Hollands talk, Christ's atonement was truly the loneliest journey ever. He is such a powerful speaker. My favorite talk was President Monson's on being of good cheer. Also I loved President Uchtdorf's on what matters most. I really needed to hear that. I love the humbling that occurs when our leaders speak. They really stressed the importance of the temple and our covenants and I got to thinking of you and your commitment to attend the temple often. I am so grateful for you and the example you have set. What a woman! So thank you. That is no fun about Abe, I wrote him an email last week in reply to his to me. He is such a good man. What an amazing family we have. I was thinking a lot of Mark and Julie this conference weekend as well and the example of being of good cheer and handling adversity. I love them. California sounds like it will be fun! That was always my favorite trip, listening to Billy Joel and James Taylor going to the Redwood forest. Good times. That's too bad about ... I guess ya live and ya learn right? I'll pray for him. Same with Tom Hanks. I am still upset about that. Dang you Tom. He is still our brother though and a son of God. My apartment number is 710. You are so incredible mom, I love you.

Elder Jarman

No comments: