Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's That Simple

(written to a friend who is working on going on a mission)
Dude... You gotta get on a mission. It's amazing. It truly is. It puts all that garbage material stuff to shame. I did have to stop hanging out with my best friends because I wanted to serve it's true. It was hard but it was worth it. I didn't lose my friends either if that's what you're worried about. You gotta take a stand sooner or later. I know you are trying and that's great man keep it up. I pray for you every day. Just keep taking those steps to serve. I promise that if you do you will be the happiest you have ever been in your life. This past week hasn't been the easiest but still I am happier than if I would have been home. Missions are incredible. You love people in a way you never thought possible. This kid Justin for instance, we met him a month ago about and had a great talk with him. He's one of the most intelligent people Ive met. He fights with his mom all the time and we usually talk to her while tears stream down her face. My point is that I have grown to love this kid and I want him to find joy and happiness not in drugs but in what we have to share, the gospel. He has it all figured out he just needs to put forth the action. I want you to have that same experience man. A mission is what you want, right? If it really is then you will go. If not then you won't. It's that simple. I have all the faith in the world in you. You will be a great missionary.
I love you man, Elder Jarman

No comments: