Wednesday, May 6, 2009

"Do I Really Know What I Have?"

Dad,

The battle goes well. I was pleased to read that
Chad stopped by the house, it's about time ha.
I am glad that you enjoyed his company and that
you were able to hear some stories haha. I love
the memories made on a mission, so many good times.

I hope Grandpa Jarman is doing ok now. He sent me
a letter this past week with such a wonderful poem
in it entitled "thankfulness". It really helped me
to once again realize all that I have been given.
Mosiah 4:19-21 comes to my mind when thinking of
what to be thankful for. What a great man. I pray
for he and Grandma every night, as well as Grandma
Knell of course.

I can't wait to get home and aid in the missionary
efforts there. It sounds like so many great things
are taking place, 38 baptisms in one ward?! That is
a miracle.

Our services get out at 2:30 your time, so right in
the middle of church and that is when we had
arranged to call home from one of the members houses...
So I don't know if I will be able to call at any other
time than that. I guess I will call the house at 2:30
your time and see what happens?

Lately I have been really pondering on sacrifce and what
I can give up to become a more devoted servant of the Lord.
Also what can I sacrifice to have the Spirit more abundant
in my life. So we ridded ourselves of the weight bench
we had. President Moldenhauer has spoken a lot about
sanctifying the mission of any distractions and I feel
that I can get just as good a work out without it than
with it. It's sad to see some of the distractions we have
in our lives. Also I have been studying a little bit from
Jesus The Christ. What an amazing book! My testimony of our
pre mortal existence has grown so much. One line that I
still remember and love is this "Foreordination implies
and comprizes pre existence as an essential condition."
So many people believe in foreordination but not a pre
existence, it's so sad. I know that we did exist before
this life and that we were and are the literal children
of God. What a great feeling that brings. I am often
asking myself "Do I truly know what I have?" We are so
blessed to have the knowledge we do of the Plan of
Salvation.

I love you Dad and look forward to hearing from you on Sunday,
again I will call around 2:30 or 2:45 your time.

No comments: