Wednesday, May 20, 2009

"Beware of Pride"

Dad,

What a blessing it is to have a righteous father.
So many people do not have that blessing. I
hope you know that I am grateful beyond measure.
This past week has been interesting. I lost both
my companions, one to an emergency transfer that
occurred and the other has become a training
assistant. So now I am with Elder Digerness and
Elder Fairbourn, again, but only til Monday when
the new ZL will be called. So that has been a good
experience. Something new in the mission is that we
are working harder than ever. The goals of our zone
are being met consistently. It's been a great thing
to see the progression made.

Mom is in the Stake Primary Presidency?! That is so
awesome! You're right she will do a great job. I too
wish that the effectiveness of the PEC and ward
councils could go up. We have started to co-ordinate
with our WML throughout the week and are planning on
meeting with our High Councilman often too.

Recently I have been reading talks and I came across
"Beware of Pride" by Ezra Taft Benson. I must say that
it is my favorite. He really hits home the importance
of humility. He calls pride the great vice and stumbling
block of Zion. God's people will be humble and it's up
to us to change to meet that standard. Just as Alma 32
teaches it is better that we humble ourselves than have
God humble us. Anyway I encourage you to read that talk,
it's great. I know I have a long way to go in being the
son God wants me to be.


I love you! The work is going great. Thank you for all
your support and love.
Elder Jarman

No comments: