Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Empty Pot

Hey Dad,

Do you remember that book you always shared with us as
kids? Ping and the Empty Pot? Well I do. I want you to
know that it taught me a lot. I was pondering during my
personal studies about why I am the way I am and what I
learned up to this point in life to make me that way and
Ping and the Empty Pot came to my mind. Thank you for
taking the time when I was in my youth to read to me,
and not just fairy tales but books that taught lessons.
Integrity is something you have, and it's a blessing to
look to you as an example of that, thank you for teaching
for understanding things such as integrity.

Additional responsibilities that I have I suppose are
taking phone calls from the DL's and having them report
on their districts, gathering all the weekly and monthly
numbers and progressing investigators then reporting those
to President, a lot more love for my mission and other
missionaries, and I probably left out a few things but hey
I am still new alright ha. That's so crazy that you had to
pick up money and stuff haha. So you were kinda like the
IRS? Did you notice that missionaries were different after
you were called into leadership? Like oh hey look here comes
the ZL everybody be quiet haha.

So back in the house eh? How is that going? Lots of small
stuff to do still it sounds like. I still can't quite
comprehend what has gone on to my house... but I am sure
it's great.

Tithing... hmmm... I guess use Malachai 3:10 and really just
stress that it is a commandment from God. God only gives us
commandments so that he can bless us. We are blessed through
our obedience just as D&C 130 talks about. Best o luck!

I love you
Elder Jarman

No comments: