Thursday, December 11, 2008

How Are my Lakers Doing?

Dad!

Hey there father, how art thou? I am good. Really good. The weather here has been surprisingly cold lately, nowhere near what it is back home but cold nonetheless. It rained the hardest I have ever seen here yesterday and on Faribourn's first day of driving ha.

The work is going great. We set a baptismal date for Liz Peddy, the 20th of this month. I am so happy for her and know that she is ready for baptism. I love sharing the gospel and when someone such as Liz grabs hold of it it makes it that much sweeter. The baby blessing was overwhelming. I never thought I would be so blessed to do that on my mission. The priesthood is so real and such a blessing. I don't know if I told you this but right when Elder Nelson blew out his knee he asked me to give him a blessing and in the blessing I remember saying that he would stay on his mission and finish strong. Normally missionaries would go home to get surgery but the Dr. said that he's ok for another few months, he goes home in March. What power the priesthood is. I have been studying D&C 121:34-46 a lot lately, woah is all I have to say.

I have a feeling that the house will be ready by Christmas. I still cannot believe that the house I left wont be the same one I come home to. Bowling time indeed, I was surprised to hear BYU got the Vegas bowl where'd TCU get invited to? The U will get beat big time by Alabama is my prediction. I can't believe that Texas got snubbed out of the National championship, what a crock. Apparently Pes. Obama is going to get a playoff system put in to college football... that'd be sweet haha, like he has say. Does he? Tickets to the Jazz game eh? Tell Coach Sloan I say hi. Speaking of basketball how are my Lakers doing? I hear they are tearing it up!

I love you Dad, you are a great man.

Love Elder Jarman

1 comment:

jake roi said...

Lydia - thanks for posting these. Austin Alder pointed me here when we were chatting on Sunday. It was great to read up on how Warner is doing, it makes me glad.

Keep 'em coming, and feel free to check out our blog for Taylor at tkinargentina dot blogspot dot com.

Jared