Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Love the Country Folk

Hey Dad,
Ya know, Wednesday is a happy day, thank you for saying that. I too always feel good after reading your emails. Ugh the West family still has not accepted the invitation to be baptized BUT we are not losing faith. They are having a hard time grasping hold of the authority bit. They will come around though. Alton (the dad) is making huge progress. We had the family over at the McDaniel home for dinner monday and Alton came! That is such a miracle! He is very shy and at first if you recall would just stay in his room while we would visit. Now he's coming to members homes to eat and talk about the gospel... It's wonderful. We will be seeing them again and again and will continue to pray they will accept the baptism invitation. In all honesty I hope I stay, I mean I will be fine if I get moved but I would love to stay. I have such a connection with the members here in Jasper. They are such great people. I love the country folk ha. Leaving an area is so hard, it really is. I don't want to have to say goodbye to all these wonderful people. I did hear about Chris and I indeed told him you said hi. He told me the in depth story and oh man would that be intense. I am just glad he's alright. What a stallion that one is ha. My deepest sympathy goes out to the Walters family. That was so sad to hear about but what a blessing the gospel is in our lives to know about what comes next. I cannot imagine how hard that must have been for Randy, I know I would definitely be shaken. It sounds like the Fall break was wondeful. Dad you are the perfect example of what a father should be. You really are. I was describing to Diggy how you always took time to play catch with me for hours on end and it hit me, once again, just how amazing a father you are. Thank you so much for all the sacrifices you and mom make for me and the kids. I love you for that. It's all good and under the hood that the pictures didn't get sent. I am working on my patience this week and so I am actually quite grateful for the delay. That's great to hear the house is moving forward! I am excited to see photographic evidence haha. What a birthday present that will be for mom. John 17 eh? I will be reading that for sure. Any meaningful scriptures lately? I have actually. A lot. The first would have to be 2 Nephi 4:26-35. Ali actually shared these verses with me and I really needed to read them. Also 1 Corinthians 16:13-14. Really the most meaningful scripture to me lately has been my patriarchal blessing. I read it every morning and have been disecting it very delicately lately. What an incredible document to have in my life. I also have loved 1 Nephi 19:9 and Alma 11:40. Just to name a few. Life is beautiful. I am so happy right now. I love you and am again grateful for your example to me of what a father and man should be.
Love Elder Jarman

No comments: