Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You Only Get Two Years To Do This and the Rest of Your Life To Reflect On It

Dad,

I can't express how valuable a weekend this last one was to me. Words fail to describe the emotions and feelings but I will do my best. Eddie Ray was baptized! Independence Day for Eddie will never be the same. He became independent from sin and from the darkness of the world on that day, what a great moment. There was hardly anyone from the ward in town so we invited our zone ha, a ton of missionaries showed up and supported Eddie. It was a great event. President Moldenhauer even came with his sweet wife. The spirit was strong all throughout and Eddie never stopped smiling. The confirmation too was incredible. I'd never done that before but just like when I blessed that baby in Jasper the realization came to me of just how powerful the priesthood is. Words just spilled out of my mouth that I didn't realize I was saying until they were out. It was awesome Dad. It was tough to say goodbye to that family and the Kingwood 2nd ward. I have been transferred to Northshore. It's the "hood" as the kids would say. A lot of ethnicity and not much white folk. It is really close to downtown too. I am now with Elder Roman who is from Rancho Cucamonga, California (a mouthful huh?) He is a great missionary and friend. I went from being in the largest zone in the mission to the smallest ha. It should be a nice change for a while.

Rob is home?! Oh man that's crazy. And Downing Van Buren is going to Cali?! Elder Roman said that he lives in the San Bernadino mission and that the mission home is in his hometown who'd a thunk. That is so exciting. Tell D VanB congrats from me and that he'll do great.

I'll bet you had fun with Cait and Elle. I finally got to watch the DVD of Elle! She is SOOOOO adorable. I watched it with the Ray family and they loved it haha, especially Cait haha.

Tell the family I say hi and that I love them dearly. I am grateful for this opportunity to serve, you only get two years to do this and the rest of your life to reflect on it. I love this work dad.

Elder Jarman

No comments: