Thursday, June 5, 2008

Steadfast and Immovable

The ward choir is going to be so fun ha. We are singing hymn # 103, the name of it has escaped me as of the moment. The people we helped out with we were able to talk to the other Elders and get some more food and supplies out to them but as far as the gospel goes they just aren't ready for it. We shared the message with them but they weren't very receptive. We did however get a solid investigator in that same apartment complex. Jason Suilleau is his name. We have taught him the first and second lessons and we have made an appointment for next week as well. He loved hearing about the levels of glory and understood everything we said. Of course Lou got burnt haha. That's no fun at all. I remember that feeling haha. Ugh. That was the day of Tyler's graduation I believe. Weird. The trek ought to be a very enjoyable time. I remember going on that a few years back and it was a blast. How is Emma liking Ali's dance lessons? Dancing is much better than watching tv any old day. I do hear from Dave and Brennen once a week and I wrote Jon a letter. I hear from Ray and Kief also. This past week we visited a member of our ward who has cancer and Dad I have never seen anything like it. I literally saw cancer. Oozing out of this woman's chest. It's awful. She doesn't have insurance and so she just sits and bleeds in her living room while her 24 year old daughter tends her and her husband works. Again I was reminded how blessed I truly am. I love you Dad and am so thankful for the man you are. You are the definition of steadfast and immovable to me. Elder Jarman

No comments: