Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Transferred

Hi Mom!
I am doing excellent. I was not evacuated but rather i was transferred ha. I was transferred the day before the storm hit actually. Baytown was evacuated too, so I would have been had I stayed. The tropical storm hardly did anything but knock a few trees down, it was all talk no walk. It was really hard to leave Baytown. Tears were shed, mostly by the kids in the ward though, this one sweet little girl Elise Cobabe was sobbing after sacrament meeting because she had heard the news. She drew me a picture, reminded me of Emma. I understand now how missions are the best two years. My new area is Jasper. It's super super country and filled with red necks. It's the furthest north area in the mission and gigantic. My new companions name is Elder Digerness, he's from West Jordan. We have already gotten lost a few times due to the fact that the last missionaries left us a crappy area book with no directions, but Im not bitter :) I can already tell this will be a very spiritual time with him, he's a great Elder. He has some anxiety issues and also some work to do on his social skills but I think I was sent here to not only serve the people of Jasper but to help him overcome some of his fears and to better his mission experience. He has been out 13 months and is the District leader here in Jasper. That's back to back DL companions, ha. Elder Nelson will be missed but I think it was time we parted ways and helped others out, we were a very unified companionship that went through a lot and love each other. Abe gets home Friday eh? You will have to get me his address and email so I can keep in touch with him. So you got to go to a called to serve meeting eh? How was that? Ya know I still have yet to be in the ward newsletter Mom, whats that all about?! I love you so much and am thankful for your prayers. I definitely feel a hedge of protection wherever I go. My new address is 5865 FM 252 Jasper, TX 75951. Oh! And we totally live with a member, weird huh? It's really quite sweet actually. The McDaniels are their name and we have only met her actually because he is in the hospital til Friday with an infection in his leg. She will be staying with him as well so we have the house to ourselves. It's weird having a TV in the living room with DVDs galore... Tempting... Almost ha. My favorite thing about living with them is their, well now our, dog! His name is Sam, go figure. haha. I absolutely adore him haha. Anywho, I love you. Take care!
Elder Jarman

No comments: