Thursday, March 20, 2008

I am a Missionary!

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I sent you guys all letters but since today is my p day i got to set up my email account so i thought i would drop you a line. The MTC is really so amazing! I love it here. The people are nice, the food is... alright, and the spirit is SO strong. Really it's like a punch in the face almost. But not really cause that wouldn't be a good thing.

Anywho... We had the opportunity to have a General Authority Devotional last night and heard from Niel L. Anderson. He spoke on sacrifice and I had the spirit spikes all the meeting long. Really though. As I sat there singing Called to serve I looked around the meeting and soaked in one of the most beautiful sights. A gym filled to capacity with missionaries, and I was one of them. I am a Missionary! It really hit me hard last night and my testimony grew immensley from the words Elder Anderson spoke to us. He said that we may be sacrificing things but they are in no way comparable to that great sacrifice that Jesus Christ gave us. He laid down his life so that we all may be saved. It's uncomprehendable what he did and for that I am eternally greatful. I hope to further my learning until I can't learn anymore but as we read in "If you could hie to Kolob" there is no end to knowledge, so I do have quite a bit of room left to learn ha. I love you all and just want to let you all know that you are my biggest sacrifice. To give my family up for two years will be trying but to give two years to my Lord and Savior will be worth it oh so much.

PS

I already have the first lesson memorized! oh and the first vision the visioin of the Texas Houston East mission and my purpose as a missionary. I am so excited to be here!

I love you all so much! The church is true.

Elder Jarman.

No comments: